Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

You probably won't like my choice, but I am running a San Diego 3700+ right now with the factory stock heatsink and fan and used Artic Silver. Temps are about 35c to 36c at rest and less than 50c under stress. Works for me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tumbleweed36 said:
Hi,

You probably won't like my choice, but I am running a San Diego 3700+ right now with the factory stock heatsink and fan and used Artic Silver. Temps are about 35c to 36c at rest and less than 50c under stress. Works for me.
Acually I like your suggestion, saves me money. But I have a few questions... Have you OCed the CPU yet? If so, by how much? Second, Did the Artic Silver come with the Processor or mobo?

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi again,

Nope, have not overclocked yet (just don't do that unless experimenting with something special), but with those temps, there is room to do that. The way I see it, if your temps are below 63c, then everything will be fine. The factory specs even allow more leeway than that, but 63c is what I consider too hot for what I want in my unit. So, with that in mind, I could overclock enough to raise the temps almost 15c degrees and still be within a high normal range. That is my personal opinion. Maybe someone else will give you another opinion so you will have more information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.