Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I have a Linksys WRT310N V2 router which tells me that I would get 100mbps on my laptop when connected wireless. When I bought my laptop, they said that the laptop has a built in N card to support the router.

If someone is able to help me, I would love to get 100mbps on my laptop. I know I have to do some changes in the router's settings but, exactly what?

Can someone help me out here?

Here is some info about laptop:

• Windows 7 Home
  • Sony Company

Also, attached a image of the device manager if that helps. If anything else needed, please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This doesn't help much. The solutions are all over the place; some settings are already set to what the is recommended for greater speed, but I dont get anything higher than 54mbps.

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
did you set both the router and the wifi card to n only?
since the router does dual band you should consider getting a dual band wifi dongle/usb stick

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm...what you mean turn off A and G on the router? I have a snap shot of the page where you can change settings on those. Tell me exactly what to set it to?

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just as I do that, I lose connection and dont get a internet connection at all. Why is this?
Is there something else that needs to be done?

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
Are you making changes to the wireless settings via wireless?

If you are, does it make sense that until you restart your adapter or reboot that your wifi card will lose the connection?

Perhaps you need to make the same adjustment you did to the card as you did to the router

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL, of course not. Ok, I will make these changes on the computer that has wired connection to the internet and restart the laptop and see if I get anything.

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
Glad to see you have a sense of humor and good luck!
You can try 11n mode next if you don't have success but that looks like the best setting to me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It doesn't work at all. There has to be a way to make this work...

Has anyone on this board have this issue and was resolved...?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Exactly! The card is already on n; when I put the router settings to Wireless N only, and restart laptop, there is no connection. I tired the 11n mode also and tried chaning the channel width.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.