Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My subsription for virus definitions on Norton just ran out on the 31st and I was looking at my renewal options. I can renew my virus definitions for 12 months for 19.95 or I can upgrade to NAV 2002 with 12 month subscription of virus definitions for 29.95. Im using 2001 now and I was just wondering if it would be worth the extra 10 dollars to upgrade. Are there any key features im missing out on in 2001 that were changed in 2002 or should I just worry about the virus definitions?

·
hey
10,189 Posts
This is what I was able to pull from Nortons site:

• NEW! Unobtrusively alerts you to automated functions, such as virus repairs and definition updates.
• NEW! Integration with Windows Explorer lets you use many common Norton AntiVirus functions from the Explorer menus for easy access.
• NEW! Built-in links take you directly to the Symantec Security Response Web site for additional information on specific viruses.

Plus on their website, if you upgrade you can get a $20 instant rebate, and a $20 mail in rebate and entry into contest. Check it out here Although I don't know how they figure out the priceing, because it says it comes to 9.95?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Just wait for Nav 2003, it's in beta testing now, and actually has improvements and additions, unlike those earlier versions. Plus, you can usually download virus updates in a standalone exe file if your subscription ran out. Just keep an eye on WindowsTracker.com, I always see them listed there for download. This should do you right until Nav 2003.

·
Registered
130 Posts
nav

At software craze inc. you can get norton internet security, that

comes with a fire wall and antivirus, both for $8.75, plus ship. The

same thing at norton is $69.99. Now that is a good deal. Thats 2002 ed.

jim:D

S

·
0 Posts
I use NAV also. What I do is wait til the CD is in the stores and buy one for $39.95.

If you are upgrading from the previous version they will send you a $20.00 rebate when you show proof of previous ownership. UPC code off of box or even mailing them the CD itself.

If you reload your computer more than the average person it's nice to have the CD handy...............:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.