Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since you guys here has given me such great advise I would give you guys this simple question.

Where is there a good place to purchase a NAS or file server? Or configure one. It has to be able to handle multiple platforms. I mean I am just looking for any ideas. Price is not an issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Argh. There is a company that makes drives that can be ethernet attached - I can't remember the name. Did a google search and am finding the high end stuff.

How much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Money isn't an issue I just need ideas of what's best and what different companies has to offer. I was looking at some high end stuff also but they didn't have an option to configure the specs yourself before you purchased it. I just need suggestions on what you guys would consider a reliable company to get a NAS.:winkgrin:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
There are a lot. I just read that Cisco's getting into the biz. Just do a search on Network Attached Storage.

You'll need to do some careful reviewing and evaluation. Need to baseline your network before you dive into this. It's going to put a lot of traffic on your 'net. Have to make sure your infrastructure is up to it.

Might want to look at a parallel GigE network for the NAS. I suppose if you do this though, you're acctually creating a SAN and not a NAS! ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx. I've been looking but there are so many choices and I just wanted to know what you guys here would suggest. I just need it to do simply file share in a simply workgroup. But there might be bigger plans for this NAS in the future so I am waying my options.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well, if you're looking for simple, I have something to recommend ... as soon as I can remember it! :angry2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.