Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago a mystery folder appeared on my desktop. Neither my husband nor I noticed exactly when it occured. The folder is empty and has no name and it cannot be deleted. I have ran every spyware, virus, utility scan etc I can find, and nothing has gotten rid of it. It does not seem to be effecting my computer's operation, but I wonder if it may at some point. Anyone know what the heck this is?

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you right click on it and select properties you may be able to get some information about it. :smile:
Once you have the info, post back here and no doubt someone will be able to help on what to do if necessary.
We would be interested to see what it is in either case. :sayyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have you tried to delete it in safe mode (press f8 while the system is starting up)?
Does this folder contain any hidden files? You will see it if you set "Show hidden files and folders" in tools->folder options->view.

·
UK
1,128 Posts
>>"Does this folder contain any hidden files? You will see it if you set "Show hidden files and folders" in tools->folder options->view."<<

"tools" ... as at Start>My computer

Does this folder show in Windows Explorer, and if it does, what happens if you try to open it or remove it?

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.