Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this just started a few days ago: i'm playing a game, and suddenly, with no warning at all, it gets minimized! it doesn't seem to matter what game, this happens randomly with anything that displays in FULLSCREEN mode!

i tried to fix this with Windows Sytem restore, and it seemed to help-until i let windows, AVG antivirus, and some games re-update, then it came back.

note that one game, Supreme Commander, minimized while playing ALONE-that is, NOT online!

i've tried scanning with Adaware, but all it found were some "cookies".

i just noticed some extra disk drive activity when it happens...

any ideas? other than re-installing Vista completely-which wouldn't help if this problem is with the latest OFFICIAL WINDOWS UPDATE, which i'm afraid it might be...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
malware bytes found nothing!
and i really don't see how updateing the video drivers will help with a windows problem that affects ANYTHING IN FULLSCREEN!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did some more online searching (googled "random minimizing) and saw several threads saying AVG antivirus might be responsible!

i will try to test this by shutting it off and playing a game (an off-line game, to be safe) and see if this is true.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, disabled AVG and played for 90 minutes without the problem occuring, so it appears AVG is the culprit. i will replace it with Avira.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.