Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed an odd circle just sitting on my desktop. When I investigated I realized I could expand it into a blank window. I cannot right click on any of these elements and can’t tell if they appear on desktop manager. Any idea what they might be? I am at a loss.

I have an MSI GS66Stealth running windows 11.

Colorfulness Purple Violet Pink Water

Colorfulness Purple Violet Pink Line

Output device Television set Computer monitor accessory Computer monitor Flat panel display

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,813 Posts
You can Browse to C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\MIcrosoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUP and see if there are any apps that startup with Windows you are not aware of.
You can also download Autoruns which will tell you what starts with Windows and you can remove anything that you are not familiar with Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I tried both of your advices. I check the auto run and got rid of all unfamiliar and unverified programs. I also ran an expanded virus scan and I did find a threat but when I restarted my computer the circle was still there. It was much smaller for some reason but it still dragged out to the black screen as usual.
Blue Rectangle Font Electric blue Pattern

Sky Blue Azure Electric blue Astronomical object

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Through some trial and error I figured out it was something with an predownloaded MSI program voice control engine. Found a forum post with the info I needed. Thanks for your help, learned a few new tricks and found a completely different issues with your help. Appreciate it!

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,312 Posts
Through some trial and error I figured out it was something with an predownloaded MSI program voice control engine. Found a forum post with the info I needed. Thanks for your help, learned a few new tricks and found a completely different issues with your help. Appreciate it!
I give you points for having the oddest issue I've seen in a while. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts