Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob here, read the sticky about posting. Problem is, I can't even get through the process of scanning the computer. Keep getting a popup to update AV software. I turn her computer on and it starts popping up every 15 seconds after I close it. I can't get on internet explorer to download any type of software and, to be honest, I have no clue what to do. Is there a way to get on IE in safe mode? Help me get my wife to leave me alone :grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, since I can't do the scan (or anything for that matter) without popups coming up every 5 seconds, I assume I'm ****** and need to just buy another laptop?

·
Premium Member
29,790 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please download one of the files below, courtesy of BleepingComputer.com, and save it to your desktop.

rkill.com
rkill.pif
rkill.scr
rkill.exe

If necessary, download to a USB drive on another computer, and transfer it to your desktop.

Double-click one of them to run it. You don't have to run them all, just get one of them to run.

You may have to run it multiple times to kill all the processes that are controlling your machine.

Keep trying until your desktop goes away and then returns.

If you get a prompt from the fake AV, just leave it open. Try rkill again.

Do not restart your computer. If you restart, you will have to do it all over again.

If you still have trouble, download and run iExplore.exe just as you ran rkill, except right-click and 'Run as administrator'.

------------------------------------------------------

If you still have trouble running dds and gmer, try Safe Mode with Networking:
  • Restart your computer.
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, start pressing the F8 key.
  • In some systems, this may be the F5 key.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
  • Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and press 'Enter'.
  • Login on your usual account.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.