Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have windows 7 and I have realtek sound drivers, but my sound is not working. These followings things are ocurring:
1.When I hover over sound icon, it says "No output device installed".
2.When I try to install drivers, it gives me RTKVHD64.sys BSOD.
3.In Device Manager, the realtek sound device is named "unknown device
My specs are
the name of the model system is HP compaq dx2450 microtower PC, I have windows 7, my bios is Pheonix AwardBIOS V 6.00PG, my processor is AMD ATHLON Dual core processor 4450 2,3 ghz, I have NVIDIA Geforce 6150SE nforce 430

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,583 Posts
First off, Windows 7 has not been supported for a couple of years now and is vulnerable to attack.
Next, A Dual Core processor is very old. It may be time to upgrade to a newer computer.
That being said, you didn't mention what version of Windows 7 you have 32 bit or 64 bit? HP only support Windows 7 32 bit for this model.
According to HP, your make and model computer uses SRS Premium Sound driver Not REALTek. You should only download drivers from the HP Drivers site for your model

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ha
First off, Windows 7 has not been supported for a couple of years now and is vulnerable to attack.
Next, A Dual Core processor is very old. It may be time to upgrade to a newer computer.
That being said, you didn't mention what version of Windows 7 you have 32 bit or 64 bit? HP only support Windows 7 32 bit for this model.
According to HP, your make and model computer uses SRS Premium Sound driver Not REALTek. You should only download drivers from the HP Drivers site for your model
i have 64bit also that site keeps loading for me

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,583 Posts
First off, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. You say you are running Windows 7 64bit, but HP only supports drivers for Windows 7 32bit

Press the Windows key +X and choose Device Manager. Are there any yellow marks next to devices? if so, these devices need drivers from the HP site.
Go to the Control Panel/Sound Under the Playback tab Make sure Speakers are the Default Playback device. Select Speakers and press the Configure button and run the Test.
You can also try this https://www.pcgamer.com/the-most-frustrating-windows-7-audio-problem-solved/

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First off, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. You say you are running Windows 7 64bit, but HP only supports drivers for Windows 7 32bit

Press the Windows key +X and choose Device Manager. Are there any yellow marks next to devices? if so, these devices need drivers from the HP site.
Go to the Control Panel/Sound Under the Playback tab Make sure Speakers are the Default Playback device. Select Speakers and press the Configure button and run the Test.
You can also try this https://www.pcgamer.com/the-most-frustrating-windows-7-audio-problem-solved/
Yewah I did that but it doesn't work. premium SRS show up but it doesn't work. It is set as default. Also, when I try to install it, it says my pc is 64 bit and the file is 32 bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts