Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my soundcard is the default one i got with my computer, i have been using it for two years and all of a sudden it just broke down and won't play any sounds, my computer now tries to use my onboard modem as a MIDI player (which obviously won't work). I was trying to sort out my Ethernet Network Card and i switched my pc on and the little speaker volume tray icon wasn't there... very curious...! Could someone please help me, music is my life :cry: thanks! Jamez

P

·
0 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF James,

What do you mean by default soundcard ? Is it an onboard sound device ? The new addition of the network card might have caused trouble. Can't you see your sound card recognized anywhere ? device manager - control panel ?
If the sound chip is damaged there is nothing we can do about it besides replacing the motherboard. You can add a soundcard to yur system which would work but a damaged device on the motherboard can give you a stronger headache in near future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my onboard sound card, it just... stopped working. Not detected in control panel, wndows update or device manager.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.