Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-hey guys here my smb.conf setup in my centos.
[global]
workgroup = home
netbios name = Samba
encrypt passwords = yes

[homes]
read only = no
browseable = no

[music]

path = /Desktop/temp
browseable = yes
write list = mw, Jackie

[everyone]

path = /Desktop/test
read only = no
browseable = yes

[apps]

path = /Desktop/apps
browseable = yes
valid users = @admins, root
write list = @admins, root
- this smb.conf is based on a samba tutorial i found on the net. i am trying to network my centos and win03 server via a crossover cable and using the smb.conf above. my problem is that i can see samba in my network places(win03) but i cant access it, my access is denied. according to the tutorial i have to create a samba user and so i did following its intructions. i created a user using the useradd command and a samba password using the smbpasswd command. and it says too that i must log to windows using the username and password that i created but no such luck.
- in our office i installed samba in our ubuntu using the apt-get command and thats it no other configurations. our ubuntu can see our windows network and our win03 servers can see ubuntu and both can access eacb other through authentication. and i expect that both my centos and win03 can also access each other through authentication. what am i missing here?:4-dontkno

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
If the username and password are the same on both the Linux and Win03 machines, then compare the config files between the 2 Linux machines. Are you running a firewall on either Linux/Win03 machine that's having problems connecting? If so, try disabling the firewall and testing again. If that works, you'll have to configure the firewall to allow such connections.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.