Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Am a reasonably literate PC user.
I run regular anti-virus checks with up to date definitions etc.
In the last week or so, whilst trying to search for stuff using the 'Search' option in 'My Computer', every single search I do, regardless of size or type of the file, takes less than a second to complete, and every single search ends up with 'Search Is Complete. there is nothing to display'.
This is reaaaally weird...I have tested this on numerous occasions by typing in filenames I KNOW exist - dozens of them - and each time the search results come up the same. And yes, I am making sure that the are I'm searching is 'My Computer'.
Does anyone know what's going on?? it's very frustrating...
Thanks!

:1angel:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Maybe you are not searching subfolders. Click on the "More Options" box and make sure "Search System Files and Folders", "Search Hidden files and Folders" and "Search Subfolders" are all checked. If search subfolders is not checked, it will only search the root of the selected drives, which on Windows only has a few files on it. The rest are in...Subfolders.

Hope it helps
BMR777

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brandon
You are a star!!!!
Yep it was just that the subfolders otion that was unticked.
Brilliant, thanks a million. Fixed now...

:sayyes: :tongue: :grin: :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
just in case the search function craps out again

http://www.sowsoft.com/ - Effective File Search, works like a charm and IS independent of the explorer or any other microsnot program. i found it because i was in the exact boat that you just wrote about and there is NOT another search function in windows, so get this one b4 ya need it...aloha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.