Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm going NUTS! I'm running Win2K; my screen keeps freezing, right in the middle of no task in particular. I have to cut the power to my pwer strip. I wait, turn it back on, and it usu freezes again. I can't find anything on MS Knowledge Base. I've run WinDr, Scanned it with NAV, Run spyware.... what else???? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
This could well be a hardware issue. I'd start by checking all the connections in the case, reseating all the expansion boards and memory modules, and finally running something like MemTest86 overnight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
bad motherboard

i had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad board. i would switch it out for another and see what happens/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I finally called Dell Tech Support. The guy told me to run it in Safe Mode. So I did. Didn't do anything. But that means nothing since I've been running it in normal mode for two days and nothing has happend. He tells me to reinstall my OS!! Freak! I'm waiting it out, hoping the computer gods are smiling down on me and fixed my PC. <<sigh>>

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Hold off before you reinstall windows. It was irresponsible for the dell tech to tell you that since it most likely is a hardware issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.