Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

my router wont let me view it

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Justin79 
#1 ·
i got new internet a while ago and am using a net gear router. i'm used to belkin but found getting around on it not too difficult. all of a sudden it wont let me log on to view the pc's connected or any settings with the password and user name it was before. i haven't changed this since last time viewing it and no one in this house hold touches it. i had named our connection "internet" but somehow its changed to NETGEAR and i didnt do that.

can a router reset its self? if it did reset its self why would the connection name and log on info change but not the security password to connect and get internet? i go on there and do routine checks to make sure were not getting leeched off of and wanted to check it cause my connection was acting funny sometimes like extra band with is getting tooken up causing lag and disconnect when doing certain things. comcast told me that i should leave the password the same because they cant recover it but there default password was one of the weakest most guessable id ever seen.

i do not recall the exact security setting i have it set to and cant log on to check and tell you so im kinda confused at the time being. i hope no one managed to crack it somehow and change it on us. I'm getting paranoid. :3-suspici

Discussion starter · #3 ·
the first couple of times when trying the default password it didn't work but it just worked now. apparently my router reset its self. i am wondering what is the best security type since i have to chang ethe settings again. :upset: what would any of you recommend setting it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.