Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ps3 reads games and u well be able to play like for 10 min when it suddently freezes i no my sons had been putting in the games all dirty with finger prints im able to play my netflix fine so can someone help me thank u

·
Moderator, -Articles Team, -Games Team
12,471 Posts
Hey mate, Welcome to TSF,

I would suspect an Overheating issue (yep, not just 360s get them xD ).

If you have a can of compressed air, try using that to blow out any dust that is inside the console.

Alternatively, if you are experienced enough with technology, you could open the console and clean the fans yourself.

Hope this helps,
Redeye

P.S. You should probably wipe the game disks with a dry cloth (don't use any solvants or whatnot)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also make sure your console is not good that they are not very close to an object that is blocking the fan because all of the dust it blows out will just return in and also it goes farther in.. Also like redeye stated"use something to clean the fan". You can just get a cotton swab and clean the back fan and that will make is less likely to overheat

-add me psn ( fufu_33 )

·
12,471 Posts
Hey mate,

Here are a few pointers that you should make sure to check...

-That none of the ventilation panels are blocked
-That the Console is resting on a hard surface, not a soft cloth surface
-That the Console is not placed near any source of heat
-That the Console is placed in an open location, not confined to a small space

·
TSF-Emeritus
2,057 Posts
I'd agree with Redeye, the freezing typically points to overheating when it plays for a while then happens. Try to:

- Keep the PS3 off whenever not in use.
- Only keep on 4-6 hours at a time ( heavy gamers typically ignore this though ).
- Ensure that the fan and the vent are cleaned of dust that could prevent it from cooling the inside.
- Don't put objects in the way of the fan/vent.
- Don't keep the PS3 in a room that's normally very warm/hot or around an object that is usually warm/hot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks guys I cleaned the fans and I made sure it was well ventilized but it still does the same but only frezzes with games cuz I play a blu ray or a dvd movie an they work fine but I just put a game works fine for like 10 min then it frezzes

·
12,471 Posts
Hey mate, here is a few things that you can try,

To Enter Recovery Mode or Safe Mode

- First off, Turn off your PS3...
- Hold the Power Button until you hear a beep and it shuts off
- Hold the Power Button again and keep holding it until you hear 2 beeps. If you hear that, let go and on your TV, you should see that the PS3 is in recovery mode.

Insert your USB cord to the PS3 Controller and press the PS Button. You will be seeing Six Different Options:

1. Restart System
2. Restore Default Settings
3. Restore File System
4. Rebuild Database
5. Restore PS3
6. System Update

Select Options 3 and 4. I will explain what they do.

3. Restore File System: This will Restore the File System on the Hard Drive for corrupted files by the Operating System and will be repaired when doing this option. If you Blu-Ray can't read discs for a disc error, then this MAY fix your problem. But It fixes Software Problems such as Freezing, Drive Errors, and possibly data being corrupt all the time (Note: This will not fix corrupted data)

4. Rebuild Databse: This is just basically to Rebuild the Database for the OS. Such as PSN messages and other stuff. (You will lost any PSN messages and possibly trophies if they haven't been synced beforehand)

Option 5 will wipe the PS3 and reset it to default - Only choose this if the other options don't work (and before you choose this, back up your saves and profiles otherwise they will be lost in the procedure).

Hope this helps,
Redeye

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.