MB MSI925XE
p4 3.0 pc800 LGA
512DDR2 pc4200
ATI X600pro 265.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

Wow, those temps are out of sight. Do you know if the CPU is using a thermal pad or artic silver between them? What fans do you have, where are they located, and which direction are they pointing? What is the motherboard reading? What program or where are you getting this reading from? Are you seeing random shutdowns?

This information should help us to better understand your setup and provide us with some insight into why you have all that heat.

Post back with information.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That isn't caused by cpu grease...sounds like defective heat synch and fan or
maybe clamp loose on cpu or heatsynch and fan.
Check in bios and see what speed fan for cpu is running at and report back or download Sisoft sandra 2005 lite and monitor temps and fan speeds in Windows.

·
retired
1,966 Posts
i purchased new pc, and i have problem with the heat
my processor heat >>> 81-90C
please help!
You have not indicated that it shuts down or makes warning noises (a warbling sound) so I would suspect the temperature sensor may be faulty. Have you removed the case cover and held your hand near the heatsink to feel the heat coming off of it? Is there a fan on the heatsink and is it spinning?

If those are true temperature readings that CPU will already be damaged and soon fail (be completely dead). Frankly, if this is a new pc you just bought then you should take it back and get another one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guys thanx alot for quick replay.

my pc work very well , it doestnt freeze or restart.

this information When i press power button and press del.

System Temp= 28C / 82F
Cpu Temp= 79C / 174F
Current System fan speed= 2376 RPM
Current Cpu fan speed= 2163 RPM

Hyperthreading function= enabled

Note:Cpu Temp [After 10min it became 84C] after 1-2 hours

became 88-89C.

guys another Question, what mean "Hyperthreading" and why

when i press alt+ctrl+del Taskmanager/Performance/Cpu

usage history > its has 2 side box (Not one).

·
Registered
8 Posts
i've got similar issue, have posted here before about it. still exists though.
P4 3.0 800fsb prescott chip
asus p4p800se mobo
ThermalTake fan, manual control, never less than 5000rpm, w/AS5
core voltage at default 1.38-1.41v
had 2x256MB RAM, but one burnt (or whatever) so i'm only running 256 total, default voltage also 2.75v
AGP voltage at default also 1.8v

idling right now between 59/63C. running media player w/audio/video brings it up to 70C, same for games. occasionally spikes up to 90+C for no reason. doesn't shut down though! btw i did an immediate shut-down. i surf the web a lot, and play a couple games (C&C Generals, GTA), thats it. funny thing is i did a visual inspect of the chip about one week ago and have detected a physical hole, completely through the chip. it looks like it's melted. totally ridiculous. i'm pretty fed-up over it, i think i'm just gonna buy a dell next time. rather amazing though is that it does still work. can i post a picture of it on here? maybe i'll put the pic in my sig file. regards and thanks to ALL posters here, this is a wonderful forum.

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi Maxey,

I still wish you would talk to us about your fan placement, how many, which direction they are blowing, etc. (including heatsink) direction they are blowing like pulling cool air in or blowing hot air out. (list each fan you have including heatsink), maybe type of case.

·
Registered
906 Posts
wesbroadway said:
funny thing is i did a visual inspect of the chip about one week ago and have detected a physical hole, completely through the chip. it looks like it's melted. totally ridiculous. i'm pretty fed-up over it, i think i'm just gonna buy a dell next time. rather amazing though is that it does still work. can i post a picture of it on here? maybe i'll put the pic in my sig file. regards and thanks to ALL posters here, this is a wonderful forum.
1. Buying a DELL does not guarranty a trouble free computer.
2. Contact Intel and get yourself a new chip, I bet they would be very interested to see that hole.

·
Registered
8 Posts
fair enough! i did contact intel last november, shortly after getting the chip/board, however my max temp at that time was around 70C, and the guy indicated that that was within operating specs. he was very helpful and made a case log on it for me, so i think i shall follow your advice and contact them, thanks!

(dreading the thought of not having a computer for maybe a couple days!)

G

·
Since you are running win XP it definetely would shut down. Or your cpu would be fried already.
If the temps are really that high recommended action is to move near a fire station.
:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.