Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Firewire Drive that was assigned drive letter “F”. Since I use this drive mainly for backups and music files I only turn the drive on when I want to use the data on it. Recently I installed a Brother multi function printer that uses a USB port when the Firewire drive was off. The printer works fine. When I tried to use the Firewire drive on “F” I got an error and discovered the Firewire drive was assigned to “G” This works fine except for Windows Media Player can’t find the music files as the library is still looking for the files on Drive “F”. . Went to Admin Tools/Computer Mgt/ and under Removable Storage found the printer MFC-290 with device info listed as PhysicalDrive2 Letter “F”. Under Logical Device Manager/Disk management I have Disk 0 info in tact. Disk1 shows as unreadable (with no Drive data shown), it’s properties show the Firewire Drive info at the top and that the device is working properly but it will not let me change the drive letter. Disk2 shows as Removable F and will let me change the drive letter. but I can’t change Disk1’s drive letter and can’t find a device for Drive letter “G” anywhere. Can someone tell me how to get drive1 back to my firewire drive? I tried system restore with the earliest backup but that had no effect. I have no clue how to point WMP to Drive “G”

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.