Tech Support banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!
A few weeks ago I installed my new sapphire rx 5700 xt pulse and a be quiet! 600w pure power 11 cm. Since then my PC randomly restarts without a bluescreen.
Sometimes there is a blackscreen and sound loop for a few seconds or instant restart. It happend while surfing, watching movie, but most times while playing games ... Sometimes it happend 3 or 4 times a day.
I have tried many things also reinstalling windows why I think that something is wrong with the hardware. I updated BIOS, GPU drivers and X570 drivers. Temperatures are fine. I replaced my PSU with a corsair RM850 'cause 650 watts are recommended for the GPU and I've read that a bad or broken PSU could cause such a problem.
I ran a OCCT test too: when I tried to run a memtest (VRAM) my PC crashed BUT with bluescreen. Second time OCCT detected 1000 of errors. I don't know if it is correct.
In windows event log I found this error which appears after every restart:

Fatal hardware failure.

Reported by component: processor core
Source of error: Machine Check Exception
Error type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

Now...
is my GPU or CPU causing the restart? What should I do?

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse
Corsair RM850
AsRock X570m Pro4
Samsung Evo 860 250GB
Samsung Evo 970 M.2 1TB
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz

I really would like an answer for my problem after this long time.

Jason

·
Moderator, - Microsoft Support,BSOD Kernel Dump A
Olfactory training for spam detection.
5,874 Posts
blackscreen and sound loop for a few seconds
Often happens with 0x116 or 0x117 bugchecks - data logjam usually to/from the GPU and CPU, can be 3rd-party utilities involved but usually GPU-related.

Fatal hardware failure.

Reported by component: processor core
Source of error: Machine Check Exception
Error type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0
CPU self-reporting a likely hardware error, doesn't need to be a CPU fault.

You'll probably need to get the BSOD crash dumps analysed to help pinpoint the trigger, the 116/117's can be very long-winded to work through, the MCE crashes can sometimes be relatively easy, depending on their subtypes (that's my understanding of them).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dowloaded this App and ran it but now I am stuck at: Waiting for Systeminfo.

·
5,874 Posts
Yes, that's the slowest part, it's similar when you run it direct: MSiNFO32, System Information, the main slowdown is populating the Windows Error Reports. If it's taken longer than 10 minutes, abort and attach what you can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It took lomger than 10 min and I stopped it. But what and how exactly do I need to upload now. The folder which is located in documents contains many different files.
(im sorry for the many questions. i haven't done something like this yet.)

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,716 Posts
NOTE: The app auto-zips the SysnativeFileCollectionApp output folder. It is located in your Documents folder. Windows Explorer should open and highlight the zipped folder

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah but like I said there is no zip file located in my documents folder and windows explorer doesn't highlight anything.

·
68,716 Posts
It took lomger than 10 min and I stopped it. But what and how exactly do I need to upload now. The folder which is located in documents contains many different files.
(im sorry for the many questions. i haven't done something like this yet.)
You found a folder so zip that up and upload it use the paperclip icon just under the reply box, or if you prefer try running the app again.

·
68,716 Posts
No apology needed we all have to learn new things.

·
5,874 Posts
Wait until I, or another analyst, has the time (and cooler temperatures and fewer admin/background tasks) to make a reasoned analysis - it's a 0x116 TDR (graphics related, data not getting through by the cutoff time) but I've not delved into the specifics of subtypes etc. yet.

·
68,716 Posts
Thatis one possible cause, others could be a driver issue or even a power issue which is why it would be prudent to allow some time for a analyst to look over the info you provided, we are in the middle of a site migration which has put some extra pressure on us with many admin tasks pulling us away from the usual day to day work someone will get to your logs etc asap, please bear with us and please also remember we are all volunteers with families and work lives, we work as quickly as time etc allows.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok thanks good to know. but is it still possible that the driver is causing the problem although I have already reinstalled windows and updated the drivers all the time? Oh and...what do you mean with power issues?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts