Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with regards to this post -> http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f24/is-my-vga-toasted-1043705.html#post6680746

so ever since i bought that card.. its kinda hard to boot up my laptop if i shut it down... but when it booted... it runs normally... so i prefer to leave it ON for 24/7 ... however today i got blackout and my pc shut down... and now the problem persist... i cant boot it back up again... why is this happenning? my best bet is the PSU as its been running for 6 years already and its the only hardware in my rig thats not being upgraded ... please help...

· Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shoot will they get damaged by this? i dint know... since theres no recomendation for upgrading PSU i tot theyre just fine... but now im not gonna turn on the PC until i get a new PSU... will my pc be ok?

· Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
There's always the risk of a bad PSU damaging your expensive components. It's highly recommended to upgrade your PSU especially if upgrading the gpu, unless you already had a sufficiently powerful, fairly aged and good quality one.

I cannot guarantee that your components are still OK, because there's no telling whether the PSU went down with something else. There's only one way to find out; get a new PSU and power up.

· Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
okay gonna get the new PSU soon ... so what do u think of the 750W Corsair PSU that i mentioned above? will that be a good replacement?

EDIT: Oh ignore my post... ive read bad reviews about this PSU... so what brand are u suggesting to replace mine? eVGA? XFX? im just gonna purchase frm eBAY

· Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my specs is written under my system, okay.. there are too many choices to choose from... im gonna go for 750W... so can u suggest me something from Seasonic, XFX or Antec? atleast one of their prduct coz if i googled so many models that gave for 750W... im going 750W this time and im sure its more than enough :)

or should i stick with 650W... but in case in the future im adding another HDD.. should it b sufficient?

· Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Get at least an 80 plus bronze certified psu. I'm not sure if eBay is the best place to order it from, unless you are sure you are purchasing from a reputable merchant's portal on eBay.

· Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay unfortunately ive cntacted our local stores and they dont have those brands specified... they mostly have corsair and cooler master .... the cooler master v650 and v750 ... are they good? i have checked the reviews ... it depends on luck... once u got the perfect one it can last a very long time.... the reviews are inconsistent :S

· Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
okay unfortunately ive cntacted our local stores and they dont have those brands specified... they mostly have corsair and cooler master .... the cooler master v650 and v750 ... are they good? i have checked the reviews ... it depends on luck... once u got the perfect one it can last a very long time.... the reviews are inconsistent :S
Take a look here Corsair 80 plus Bronze certified and here Gold certified then take a pick and check with your store for availability. As expected, Gold certified ones are more expensive than Bronze.

· Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.