Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a PC for a friend and it keeps rebooting. I have tried to boot to last known but does not work. I have also tried to run it in safe mode and it is still rebooting after it enters safe mode.

I disabled the reboot following errors and got the following message,

STOP: C000021a (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR)
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.

Please help!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking at a PC for a friend and it keeps rebooting. I have tried to boot to last known but does not work. I have also tried to run it in safe mode and it is still rebooting after it enters safe mode.

I disabled the reboot following errors and got the following message,

STOP: C000021a (FATAL SYSTEM ERROR)
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.

Please help!!
Because you can access safe mode It may be that some files on the sysem have become currupt.

Try inseting the Operating System CD and choosing the Repair option to fix this and see how that goes. It is possbile that You may lose some files on the system mainly the ones in the MY documents folder.

If this does not work, Are there any recent modifications been done to the system ? Hardware upgrades / changes same with the software side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry I forgot to mention, we do not have an Operating CD. I am limited to what I have at my disposal here I am afraid. This machine is a few years old.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry I forgot to mention, we do not have an Operating CD. I am limited to what I have at my disposal here I am afraid. This machine is a few years old.
ok, What O/S is the system...if its something like windows 95 / 98 you can download that for free, put it on a floopy and reinstall the O/S from there which may fix it.

Another idea would be to check the hard drive and memory are in working order / inserted correctly, the RAM may have become loose or the Hard Drive cable may have become loose which is stopping the system booting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure where to find all this information as I cannot get past the Windows screen but this is what I can tell you.

It is a Packard Bell
Acer Power M5 Pentium 4
Main Board ID ; GRS482M
System Bios Version : R01-B1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.