Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my pc is really slow when using Outlook 2003, it's always not respond and I have to kill it. than the error message is from Microsoft Visual Basic :Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec.

C:\DOCUME~1\VANESS~1.PC2\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa1bf.dir00\OUTLOOK.EXE.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\VANESS~1.PC2\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa1bf.dir00\appcompat.txt

szAppName : OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer : 11.0.5510.0 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

I'm using Windows XP Home edition version 2002 with ServicePack 2, Microsoft Office 2003 Professional edition, Avast 4, my PC is an HP Pavilion. X86
Do you need more information ?
thanks a lot for your help,
Vanessa

·
Registered
1 Posts
:wave:
Hi Vanessa, you have some missing files that enable word to operate correctly.These files could have gone awol many different ways, i suspect an anti-virus has accidently deleted them, or sometimes a computer crash will dump them.There are two easy ways of recovering these files as follows---------

1: click start/run
2: Type in: helpctr.exe

This should open your help centre window which you should maximise

3: Choose tools and then system restore
4: Select restore my computer to an earlier time which will bring up a calender, please note you should select a date that you know your computer was working to your satisfaction.

Now it is important to save this page or cut and paste these instructions as system restore will restart your pc.
System restore IS NOT A RE-INSTALLATION AND WILL NOT ERASE ANY OF YOUR DATA. Any changes made with systm restore are completely reversable.

5: Now click confirm system restore and your pc will will emit a blue screen whilst showing you a progress meter.

6: Welcome back !! Your reading this so all is going to plan. Now you need to open word (or the program with missing files)and do a test run.

If your program is still not responing in the correct manner then you will have to re-install it, you will need the original Microsoft Office disk in order to do this. Re-installing Office will not erase any word or other office based documents.

7:Insert the Office disk and it should autorun, if not then manually open it by clicking your CD-Rom drive (Usually the (F:) Drive.

8: Click install and wait for the options to appear. If you choose to re-intall the package you will need the product code which is usually on the back of the CD case. I would suggest choosing the repair option that will not ask you for the product key.

This should now rewrite the missing files and office should be ok....

Best of luck Dudes hope this post is helpful

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.