Tech Support banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need help: my pc got sooooo slower in games, it was perfect in the beginning of this year. I can’t even use medal (a clip app) or discord when I’m playing minecraft and any app I use is slow when a game is open. My fps was a lot better, now it’s bad even if the game is the only app open. Anyone knows how to fix that?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,221 Posts
Please post your specs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please post your specs.
Here they are:
Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎6/‎19/‎2020
OS build 19042.928
Serial number PF1370YY
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Device name
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID
Product ID
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

·
29,221 Posts
First, run Windows Update. You're behind.

·
29,221 Posts
Just run the check please.

·
29,221 Posts
If the Update Troubleshooter in your Start Menu doesn't come up with a solution, go through this long thread: Windows Update Error

·
29,221 Posts
Did you read the whole thread? There are 67 posts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you read the whole thread? There are 67 posts.
I don’t think so but most of the answers doesn’t explain what the thing do, and I want to know what I am doing with my laptop.
Anyways I contacted Microsoft support thing and I got an answer, but it is downloading the update from something else and it takes a bit of time.

·
29,221 Posts
OK, let's see if it works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, let's see if it works.
Hello, after talking with thousands of Microsoft support agent, all my problems are solved except the fps problem. Actually it got fixed but after doing what a support agent told me to do to fix another problem, my fps problem got back.
But now I have all updates done

·
29,221 Posts
GPU? You didn't include it in Post #3.

·
29,221 Posts
Go into Nvidia Control Panel and see if you can change settings to help. If you don't have the app it's available in the Microsoft Store. Also, read this: More FPS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go into Nvidia Control Panel and see if you can change settings to help. If you don't have the app it's available in the Microsoft Store. Also, read this: More FPS
I don’t need to change my game settings! What I want is my pc to get as before, 200 fps without having to change some in game settings.

After doing what a support agent told me to (reinstall windows) to fix another problem, my fps are lower. Actually I had this problem in before but few hours doing the reintall this problem got fixed until I do this reintall of Windows..
How I THINK it got fixed: What happened is that to fix another issue I needed to make an update using media tool thingy and I THINK that’s were it got fixed, and I also THINK that after doing the the reinstall of windows I redid the update using media tool thingy

And which settings should I change in the Nvidia control panel?

·
29,221 Posts
The settings were just a thought although using the latest 3D driver might help. Did you read the article highlighted in Post #16. It clarifies Hardware vis a vis FPS.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts