Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Articles Team
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer is a PowerPC G4 @ 1.2GHz with 768MB RAM, running on OS X 10.2.6.

When I plug in the USB port my MP3 Player, it instantly sees it and brings it up in the desktop only about one third of the times. The other two thirds of the times I attempt this, my Mac simply freezes. You don't see often nowadays an OS X running machine behaving as if it runs on WinME... but I hadn't performed that umpteen hard restarts for many many years now...:4-dontkno Any ideas before I lose my mind?

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
what kind of mp3 player is it? what kind of software/drivers does it use. and what happens in a different port? you are using a port on the computer, and not the keyboard, right? also, is it a usb2 device? sometimes none usb2 macs have problems with usb2 devices in their usb1.1 ports.

·
13,608 Posts
try using a port on the back of the mac. the ports on the keyboard really don't work for anything other than mice. and us mac users have been complaining to apple about it since the first usb keyboard they released.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Articles Team
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've started using the port in the back, and so far so good. Thanks, sinc!

·
13,608 Posts
glad to get that one figured out. just remember to avoid the keyboard ports and all will be well... :winkgrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.