Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the problem. when i turn on my mp3 player it says i have " no files" but when i plug the USB into my comp it shows me all the files i have on there. and they will even play for a short amount of time on my computer but then they stop playing after a couple seconds. i cant delete or add songs onto my mp3 player either. i dont know what to do. i cant find a manufacturerer or brand for my mp3 player or else i would try to install the new drivers for it. ne one have ne ideas?

thanks

G

·
can you see any numbers on your player ? i would try to do a google search with any info possible about the player. Can you format the player ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there arent ne numbers on the mp2 player.. and im not sure if i can format the player or not. how would i find out if i could format it?

·
Vetustior Humo
11,129 Posts
With it plugged in, go to My Computer> removable disk and right click it. Go to properties> hardware. Does it list anything that might be the player?

Is there a battery compartment you can access? If so, open it, remove the battery and see if there is any information printed in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went to properites and nothing infirmed me about what kiund of player it was. i removed the battery case and it was a bunch of numbers. i tryed to search it but nothing came up. i was gunna try to format it or defrag it and error check it. but nothing like that will work. it will just freeze up on me then i have to unplug the mp3 player. i cant delete any of the songs. and its really maiing me angry. i once deleted all the songs except for two of them on windows media player. and the two sontgs wouldt delete no matter what i did. so maybe the files on the device are corrupt and are messing up the whole player? ne ideas would be appreciated. thank you

G

·
Might be a corruption case. Where did you buy it from ? do you have any kind of warranties or some one who could give you info about what you really own ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no. i have no information on where it came from or ne thing like that. if there were warenties they were thrown away a long time ago. i got it for christmas from my folks either last christmas or the yr before. its not that great of an mp3 player but i really wanna fix it. is there ne way i can fix it from the inside. i kind of know what im doig when it comes to that stuf. i heard if an mp3 player gets older it needs to be re-sodered. is that tru?

thanks for youyr help. i appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.