Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i left my laptop on overnight to let some downloading finish on a game and when i turned it off then back on my touch pad mouse seems to have stopped working along with the funny button thing in the middle of my keyboard dont now what it's called lol but i can still you use my keyboar and a usb mouse any ideas? oh and yes i have tried the fn f9 thing although i dont have a symbol on my f9 key.
laptop:dell latitude D410
thank you please reply as soon as possible

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
for the F9 think, did you just press F9 or hold down Fn and then push F9? needs to be Fn + F9 for the touchpad switch. Normally it also has a small window that pops up when you do press that which tells you what its doing, and which device is turned off or enabled.

And its called a trackpoint mouse for the one in the keyboard, lol.

Also check the touchpad software, and mouse properties in the control panel, both can get disabled there also.

·
Decessit
68,880 Posts
hi try looking in device manager
You can open Device Manager by double-clicking on the System icon in Control Panel, choosing the Hardware tab, and clicking Device Manager check mouse and other pointing devices for any yellow ! or red Xs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well when i looked at this i found only one mouse HID-compliant mouse
which didnt have any signs next to it, so i dont understand the only thing i can think that has happened is that the wire underneath the keyboard connecting to mouse have been pulled out somehow is this possible?

another question not about this ive been trying to forward some ports for a game server but on my other pc vista when i go into network and internet connections i cant seem to access the ip adress for any of them any ideas on how to do that cheers :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.