Tech Support banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I don't have access to a Windows Install disc, or a Boot CD. My laptop is running slow and hot. It wakes up by itself even if I put it to sleep or close the lid. Help is much appreciated. Thanks, Henry.

I tried to paste the contents of FRST.txt but I get an error message saying my post is too long and it won't log.

Attachments

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,702 Posts
Zip the log and post use 7zip or your preferred program.

·
68,702 Posts
Ok good thanks, Please be patient until a security analyst comes along to assist you they are typically busy so it may take a little time also keep in mind they may need further info so follow any instructions carefully. If you have no response within 72 hours then come back and post bump in the thread to bring it back to the top of the queue.

·
68,702 Posts
I have put a call out for some help for you.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,615 Posts
One of our Security Mods with little time looked at the thread and said he doesn't think Malware is the issue unless one of the other two shows up we probably should move this thread to Hardware.

·
68,702 Posts
Moved, have you cleaned out the air vents with canned air.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,615 Posts
Corday's suggestion to uninstall Kaspersky, and I would use a Kaspersky Removal Tool so you can re-enable Windows Defender which can be a "bear" to do. You can always reinstall it if no help but your FRST log shows quite a few issues with Kaspersky according to another security analyst here and while it has a good reputation I can tell you in the past there have been more fatal Kaspersky conflicts than I care to list here with other software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts