Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
recently i've been getting strange lags spikes and freezing for 5-10sec (files,browser, taskbar, everthing) and the only way to fix this is by restarting my laptop which also freeze when restarting and i have to push the power button for 5 sec for the system to shutdown.

my laptop is pretty good gaming laptop rog strix g15 ryzen 9 5900HX and rtx 3070, so my laptop should never have these problems i'm having now.

Thank you.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
32,140 Posts
Run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth then run sfc /scannow . If that doesn't fix it, we can discuss hardware.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,811 Posts
To add to what is being said, also do a Clean Boot. If this works, you can keep it this way. Or you can add one Service or Startup item at a time until the behavior returns then you will know the culprit.

·
Global Moderator
43,811 Posts
Please read the link about Clean Boot in post #3 to better understand it. You Hide all Microsoft Services which include Bluetooth, and Audio and Disable everything else. You also can choose what to Disable. If you want to go back to the way it was, in msconfig, choose Normal Startup.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,310 Posts
What I'd do is restore my last weekend's backup, reboot and get back to work.

·
Global Moderator
43,811 Posts
Your HDD/SSD may be failing. You can download DiskGenius in my signature. Select your Disk, go to the Toolbar to Disk/View SMART Information. This will give you a quick snapshot of the drives health. If it is any less the Good, the drive needs to be replaced. You can also go to View or Repair Bad Sectors/Start Verify. This will take a long time. But it will give you a map of the Bad Sectors on your drive if any. If there are more then a couple, you don't have to complete the test, the drive needs to be replaced.

·
11,310 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What I'd do is restore my last weekend's backup, reboot and get back to work.

i don't remember when it has started so....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your HDD/SSD may be failing. You can download DiskGenius in my signature. Select your Disk, go to the Toolbar to Disk/View SMART Information. This will give you a quick snapshot of the drives health. If it is any less the Good, the drive needs to be replaced. You can also go to View or Repair Bad Sectors/Start Verify. This will take a long time. But it will give you a map of the Bad Sectors on your drive if any. If there are more then a couple, you don't have to complete the test, the drive needs to be replaced.
i did what you told me and no bad factors

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
11,310 Posts
When it does it again, simply press [Ctrl][Shift][Esc] to load Task Manager, then click the "CPU" heading a time or two to sort it so that the programs hogging most of your CPU time are at the top. If it is say something like Firefox, right-click it and select "End Task".

(If you accidentally End a Task that is part of the Windows Operating System, reboot to restart Windows).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts