Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still new to this forum and trying to figure things out. Another person was very helpful in guiding me towards the direction of fixing the blue screen of death. I have done that but when I reloaded the computer with the XP software and hit "R" for repair when it was installing the software one of those "yes" "no" screens repeatedely popped up stating that "So in so program could not be found...not adding this could affect windows...would you like to continue with out." This is not verbatim but hopefully you get the idea. Well I kept on hitting YES. After that whole installation, instead of the blue screen of death I am able to get into Windows now but the Wallpaper cannot be changer and it is all black and reads "Your computer in Danger" and then it goes on saying something about spyware. I got a spyware program that removed the "x" icon on the bottom right of the screen that was saying your computer is infected but it didnt change the wallpaper back to what it used to be or will it allow me to change it! Not to mention I can use the computer just fine now but it seems like now every website I go on now says "Something not found...cannot run script blah blah...wold you like to continue...yes or no"
Is this because when I was doing the repair, by me clicking continue even though it did not find whatever programs it was looking for screw my computer? Why is this black wallpaper still stuck there and cannot be changed? Should I jjust wipe the whole computer out and start fresh? Help!!! Thats why I said my **** is all messed up. Hopefully someone can make sense of this jibberish I just posted :pray: :4-dontkno

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts
It sounds like you are still infected...

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck :smile:

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.