Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! someone hacked into my hotmail and i was wondering if there is anyway to get my account back. they even changed my secret question! I need to get back into my account!

~standingstill

·
Registered
376 Posts
What did Hotmail customer support say when you contacted them immediately after discovering this?
They will trace IP's and allow you to prove the account is yours, so allow Hotmail customer support to respond to your notification of the incident.

·
Registered
168 Posts
lol exactly how is hotmail support supposed to respond to him wen his primary e-mail account was hacked. (assuming that his hotmail account was the only e-mail address he had)

·
Registered
376 Posts
There is an old invention called a telephone, which is a device used to send and receive sound in order to communicate over long distances. This apparatus is plugged into the same socket that dialup modems are plugged into. A person finds the digits of a unique number required to reach the desired party, picks up the user interface (called a receiver), and pushes the numbered buttons in the same order as the number of the desired party. If this is an old rotary telephone, the numbers are selected by spinning a dial. After the desired party's number is completely entered, the user will usually hear some pulsating sounds indicating that a direct voice link is attempting to be established between the user and the desired party. If a steady beep is heard, it indicates that the desired party's telephone is currently in use, and a connection should be attempted at a later time. If the pulsating sounds are heard, the user should wait until the desired party answers, thereby completing a direct voice connection between both parties. It is customary to say "hello" and identify one's self and state the purpose of the direct voice connection at this time. If an automated machine announces a menu, then the user must follow the menu directions, pushing the appropriate buttons on the telephone to navigate the menu to accomplish the purpose of the direct voice connection. After sufficient communication is sent and received between both parties to accomplish the purpose of the connection, it is then customary to say "Thank You" and "Goodbye." The user should then place the user interface back onto the storage clips on the telephone. This terminates the direct voice connection, and readies the device for future use.

:tongue2:

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Lets try and play nice now people.

Also before anyone posts it, linking to hacking tools or talking about how to break into hotmail is not permitted here.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My phone post was an innocent attempt at humor. ;)
Many people reading the forums have stressful problems, so some comic relief is good.
:winkgrin:

On a serious note, Hotmail takes hacking very seriously. Their customer service needs to immediately be notified so that they can secure the account and allow you to prove you're the correct owner. A phone call would be the most direct way to accomplish this, although they may want you to send an email to them through a different account so that they can match up your IP address with your account.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same hacking with my verizon email. Maddening! I tried changing my password to see if that will at all help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.