Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few days, I began to notice abnormal activity in my Gmail account. For example, videos I don't remember watching popped up in my youtube library, and devices I didn't recognize were using my email address. I checked online if my email had been pwned and found out about a data breach from 2021 on a website called Mangadex which I had an account on. I have tried everything from signing out all my devices, deleting all my passwords, and using a password manager app, to changing my email password numerous times, and I still see unusual activity. I am actually desperate and don't know what to do anymore. So, I'm asking if there is any possible way that I can transfer all my website accounts and passwords to a new email address

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,911 Posts
1) What links, where are you clicking. They may well be fake.

You should be typing in the legitimate to each site where you are going to be making a change. For example, to get to Chase bank, type in https://www.chase.com and press [Enter]. If you do not know the correct URL, check on the back of your credit/debit cards. A phone number should also be printed there.

2) If you think your computer/software may be infected with Malware (Malicious Software) highly recommend reading these instructions first: Malware Removal Help Posting Instructions.Then click here to start a new topic our Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum.

After you've been given a clean bill of health from one of our Malware experts, and if you're still having the same problem, return to this thread se we can pursue some other options.[/U]

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) What links, where are you clicking. They may well be fake.

You should be typing in the legitimate to each site where you are going to be making a change. For example, to get to Chase bank, type in https://www.chase.com and press [Enter]. If you do not know the correct URL, check on the back of your credit/debit cards. A phone number should also be printed there.

2) If you think your computer/software may be infected with Malware (Malicious Software) highly recommend reading these instructions first: Malware Removal Help Posting Instructions.Then click here to start a new topic our Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum.

After you've been given a clean bill of health from one of our Malware experts, and if you're still having the same problem, return to this thread se we can pursue some other options.[/U]
I'm sorry. I must have clicked on something else. But could you please clarify how I can transfer all my accounts and passwords to another email address?

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,911 Posts
One entity and/or person at a time:
  1. Set up a new email address. (https://gmail.com, or Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft) would be my choice.

2. If you do not have a list of every financial entity that has your old email address, make one. (Search/scroll down through your gmail Inbox and/or Sent folders to help make a list).

3. Go to one of the sites on your list that has your old email address, log in and change the old email address to the new one.

4. Put a check mark (and the current date an time) next to that name on you list so you know it has been taken care of.

5. Go back to step 3 above and go to the next one on your list.

6. When done with that list, create another list of all of your acquaintances, friends, family, etc. that you would like to have your new email address. (Search/scroll down through your gmail Inbox and/or Sent folders to help make a list).

7. etc., etc., ...

· Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,944 Posts
Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Please do not create multiple threads about the same subject. It is against our rules.

Also,
We may be able to help you but you must follow the advice given. Twice now you have ignored the advice to go to our malware removal section. My colleagues will not help until they are sure your system is clear of any potential infection. You don't say what operating system you are running but if its Windows 10 or 11, the built in Microsoft Defender is all you need as regards security. Third party apps like Bitdefender are unlikely to be of any help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts