Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Christie has a computer and she downloaded some stuff and now she is worried that someone might see it cause it was dirty when she got it by ACCIDENT. LOL :1angel: :heartlove :1angel:

Some guy here sed to wipe the computer but then Christie sez that everything will get arased and then it won't be able to get turned on ennymore.

:4-thatsba :heartlove :4-thatsba

Then some other guy sed that you could get a program to only wipe the dirty parts. :rolleyes: But we don't know what is is or where. :4-dontkno

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
We will need alot more information in order to resolve your friends issue

We need to know exactly what she downloaded, is it a program, is it files? Where was she when she downloaded it, what website?

How do you know it is dirty? Is it pictures?

Please help us help you :smile:

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i can't say for sure what it was becuz she won't tell me, but it was pictures of her and me that her old boyfriend took on his celly. We were just messin and not really doing ennything and then the next day she saw them on the computer that he sent her from his phone and thought it was funny.

:sayno: :sayno: :sayno:

Christie sed she x-d them out and the email too but now she is worried that even if the email is arased then her brother could find them cause it was his computer. So Bobby her new boyfriend says that she could wipe the computer, but only the part that is empty to make sure they are gone but he doesnt know how to do it, only that his dad found some stuff on his computer because it wasn't wiped and my brother knows more about computers than even Bobby's dad. And my and Christie don't know ennything about computers except how to turn it on and it is XP.

But I dont even know if Chritsie's is XP does that matter ??? :4-dontkno :4-dontkno

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help ! Help !

Christie is still worried about her brother finding the pictures. Could someone please help us to wipe the computer ???

:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
15,478 Posts
If she got it in an email and didnt download the file but only viewed it it is safe to say that when she deleted the email it is gone. Have her make sure to checked the Deleted folder and make sure it is empty too.
If it is her bro's computer he will be very upset if she wipes it because of a picture. (At least I would)

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only the empty Space

Chrisites boyfriend just read your post and he says that the pictures were attached and that they could still be there and that we only want to wipe the EMPTY parts of the computer and not the real stuff only the stuff that was already arased.

He says there is a program you can do but he cant remember what one that wont hurt the computer.

·
7,738 Posts
If it is empty, there is no need to wipe it. Unless you saved the picture to your computer it will not be there. If you want to be absolutely sure you can empty your temporary internet files, but honestly I doubt they will show up there.

You could use Cleanup! to remove all temporary files, which would be good for the computer anyway, and would guarantee that the file is gone (unless you saved it to the computer in question).

·
Registered
559 Posts
What e mail system did she use? With cleanup and that little bit i/we can almost tell u for sure if the file is there or not.
-blitze

·
15,478 Posts
If your going to use Cleanup please read these instructions for settings. Otherwise you may find your system may be alittle messed up.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:

*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:
Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
[X]Scan local drives for temporary files (Please uncheck this option)
Cleanup! All Users
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.