Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current computer is: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service pack 2
Motherboard: Acer Aspire 5100-357
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 MB 3500+ 939 512K R
Memory: 1GB with 256 dedicated to Video card
Video Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

I recently downgraded my laptop operating system from Vista Home Edition to Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.

Just a few days ago, I tried to burn a home made DVD and nothing I could not burn to the dvd. When I put the blank DVD in the burner, the burner detected the DVD as a blank CD. So after that I when to "My Computer" and I checked the "devices with Removable Storage" and it says I have a DVD-RAM, not a DVD RW burner like when I had vista. After this I check my system information and it said my DVD Burner was a CD-ROM drive even though it should be a DVD Burner.

Here in order is what I did and what I found out

1: I switched from Vista Vista Home Edition to Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.
2. Installed all proper drives from Acer's website
3. Installed all other programs I need like Office 2003, aim 6.5 and Intervideo winDVD creater 3.
4. I Intervideo winDVD creater 3 to edit and make a home movie
5. After I was editing, i went to burn the DVD. I also inserted a blank DVD in the dvd drive
6. I noticed I could not click on burn DVD.
7. I went to my computer to check out to see if there was a problem and my DVD/CD RW burner was being detected as a DVD-RAM/CD drive.
8. After i put the Blank DVD (DVD+R), the autoplay window popped up and asked me what I wanted to do with the "blank CD"
9. After the window popped up, i checked device manager for a update on the driver and there was none.
10. Then under device manager, I uninstalled the DVD drive and restarted my laptop. The drive was still being detected as a DVD-RAM/CD drive.
11. Then I searched the Internet for any drive updates but there were none

Can you guys please help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.