TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
That makes me drool!

The image quality is just breathtaking!

Once the technology bugs hits, its hit hard and you'll never have the beast rest again. Its inside and a roar shatters your will, for it roars no less than I want, I crave, I , need.

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife has just ordered one for for me for my birthday! - WOW! :grin:

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lucky lucky man - i'm jealous (not of your wife but the camera silly!)
hmm better find a wife first then work on her to order it for me......
It has taken 40 years to get to this advanced state of manipulation! :grin:

Actually it is my big seven oh in September & I have a wedding to cover the day after. I didn't want to do it with a new camera that I am still learning to use.
She (I) decided that it would be a neat idea to get it now so that I can practice with it. Hopefilly it will arrive on Wednesday.

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My new shiny Canon 5D mkII has arrived :grin:
Complete with a 28~300mm f/3.5 L IS USM lens...wide angle to super Zoom Image stabilised.

21Mp and full HDvideo

I will upload a couple pics as soon as I can figure out on how to switch it on! The manual is over 200 pages...

·
Moderator, Design Team
12,727 Posts
:laugh: yep - sometimes wonder if we really need all the stuff in the menus and submenus and sub, sub menus of newer cameras - takes me ages to remember where things are sometimes.
The more I see of these, though, the more I want one - hmm choices are hard - I want to travel (my son and his wife are about to move to Tasmania so I want a holiday there to see them later this year) and there are always other things to spend $$$ on around the house - maybe I should go live in a tent and buy the camera :grin:

·
Premium Member
12,283 Posts
it's a state between being aware one moment and being aware at a later moment

only you don't remember it except for a stiff neck and vague nodding movements with an abrupt awareness that your head tried to fall off of your shoulders :4-thatsba

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy your new 5D Mk II! My new Canon SX1 IS isn't nearly as exotic, but I've been having fun shooting HD video with it. Now, if I could only edit those videos, and be able to play them on less than a state of the art PC.

I guess I'll stick with my D300 for a while, although the D90 and D700 are tempting. I'm hoping by the next generation or two they will have models able to auto focus while shooting HD video.

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello Dave - welcome to TSF & a special one to the Photographer's Corner.

I too am wondering about editing the video - But that is low on the priority of things at the moment...

I have taken the 5D2 for two outings so far - Very pleased with the results (& so I should be too!)

The only down side is the huge file loading on the CF card & Computer. Shooting full size JPGs, Raw & HD Video = Gb of files ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.