Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I build my computer from scratch and whenever I plug in my headphones or a headset all that plays through is a ringing and static and even then I have to twist it just right to hear that. I was wondering if I need to take it to an IT or is it something I can fix from home and if I can how?

·
Game Team Tech
976 Posts
Make sure you plugged into the correct socket some pc have two headphone ports one at the back and the other built into the case with a audio connection that plugs into your motherboard.

Other options check bios settings, if your have installed a separate sound card check drivers are installed correctly.

last try right clicking the volume icon selecting headphones, see if that works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to Device Manager and under Sound, video and game controllers there was "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" And the latest event on both of them was "Device Install Requested". Are these two sound cards or are they not installed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went to Device Manager and under Sound, video and game controllers there was "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" And the latest event on both of them was "Device Install Requested". Are these two sound cards or are they not installed?
I had the same problem with you couple months ago.The "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" is probably the audio drivers from your monitor or another source of audio that your gpu is giving.Try installing "Realtek Audio Drivers" that helped me at least.

·
Global Moderator
51,484 Posts
So I build my computer from scratch and whenever I plug in my headphones or a headset all that plays through is a ringing and static and even then I have to twist it just right to hear that. I was wondering if I need to take it to an IT or is it something I can fix from home and if I can how?
I'd suggest you start with the exact make/model of the motherboard and processor to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts