Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this morning my computer stopped working... completely. no idea why. when i looked inside i noticed a red led was lit on the motherboard (not sure if that matters... abit motherboard btw) so i figured it might've been a power supply issue and that's why everything stopped. I happened to have a brand new power supply, same wattage, and hooked it up. same thing happens (which is nothing, lol) Is this a sign that my motherboard is bad? It's only a year old now which would be upsetting if that's the issue. I'm just sort've stuck right now and I really need this computer up and running, it's our main pc.

EDIT : here's some more info. I have an Abit KN8 Ultra motherboard. LED 1 is lit red, LED 2 shows nothing.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
touch the 2 pins on the motherboard,that the start button wires connect to witha small screwdriver or paper clip for a fraction of a second to test if it's the button if it starts replace the button
i am not familiar with the m/b but the light usually indicates the power is getting through for the atx standby

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've tried just about all i can think of, plus what i've been getting from people online... nothing. I'm guessing it's the motherboard. I checked newegg and the same board is only like 70 bucks so i guess ill just re-order it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.