Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What is wrong here? Did I set up my computer wrong or something?

Mobo is MSI G41M-P34, cooling is Corsair H50. Anyone have any idea? I found this while I was trying to figure out how to overclock it, but I don't think trying to overclock right now would be a good idea... gotta fix this first.

I'm thinking I might have installed the cooling system incorrectly. I did just replace the motherboard, and it was my first time building a computer. Is there something I should look for down there to make sure I did it right?

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
I do not trust any voltage (note the +12V reading) or temperature readings from Speedfan and I'm not sure about fan speeds either.

That said, it is possible you have the CPU cooler installed incorrectly. Make certain all four corners are down and tight. The cooler itself should not rock or wiggle unless forced.

If you would like to use Speedfan (or any monitor application), you first need to determine what each item is reading and calibrate them with a known source. To start with, use your system BIOS to get idle temperatures and voltages. Another monitor app such as HWMonitor or Coretemp will help with at-load readings. For voltages I trust only one instrument (my multimeter).

PS: You might also look in the software bundled with your motherboard for a monitor application.

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts
dont trust speedfan for temps.

BIOS is most accurate, then for apps use hardware monitor or real temp. Speedfan says your 12v is 10v if that were the case your system would not switch on.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Speedfan is for fans. Use the Bios.
Knowing what were working with can also prove useful.
Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.