Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking Private classes in 3D online.
for a while. everything went smooth.
but as off late we ran into issues:
when he tried to remote controll my PC from "Teamviewer"
he could not click on anything with the left mouse button.
we tried to use another software called "NoMachine"

and he could not connect.

important to note: the issue with Team viewer happend exclusivly when he was connecting MY PC.

according to him. he didn't have those problems with other students.

and i didnt had problems when i tried to check this with a friend.

i really have no idea even how to start troubleshooting the fricking thing. but its getting frustrating. any idea what the hack is going on?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
30,433 Posts
On remote machine>Task Manager>IPoint.exe>Finalize

·
30,433 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay seriously this is no to helpful, were Exactly do i access this command the performance tab have all sorts of stuff in it,
were is this command exactly? how do i access it?
and what do i do with it?
i tried to look it up and found no info whatsoever and this the first time i hear about this command.

2.from the link you sent its seems like ipoint is some sord of service aimed for buisness. how is this in any way relevant to my problem?

·
30,433 Posts
Let's try something else. Try updating your mouse driver from the Device Manager. What is your mouse and driver shown? The problem could still be on his end as his mouse and driver might not be compatible with yours even though it works with the other students. If you really have to get this going quickly, you're going to have to visit a reliable technician, and coordinate with the instructor a time for the two of them to work together.

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,852 Posts
Please, could you check on the security options on Your computer? In Team Viewer go to
Extras > Advanced > Advanced settings for connections to this computer > Then you can select the rights for connecting to this computer.
If you have still the same issue on the partner device could you uninstall TeamViewer and please be sure to delete the saved settings and then reinstall it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lease, could you check on the security options on Your computer? In Team Viewer go to
Extras > Advanced > Advanced settings for connections to this computer > Then you can select the rights for connecting to this computer.
If you have still the same issue on the partner device could you uninstall TeamViewer and please be sure to delete the saved settings and then reinstall it.
I had tried to play around with that menu already, didn't help I am afraid.

Let's try something else. Try updating your mouse driver from the Device Manager. What is your mouse and driver shown? The problem could still be on his end as his mouse and driver might not be compatible with yours even though it works with the other students. If you really have to get this going quickly, you're going to have to visit a reliable technician, and coordinate with the instructor a time for the two of them to work together.

Update:

so i tried update the driver but it was already up to date so not much happened.
BUT i deleted the mouse drive through "Device manager" and disconnected it from my computer before asking my teacher to remote control my PC again and What da ya know IT WORKED!
so now we know the problem is something to do with the mouse, the question is: how can i fix it?

·
30,433 Posts
Reconnect mouse and let whatever driver installs install. If that's no good, buy a cheap mouse (Under $10 for wired in U,S.).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reconnect mouse and let whatever driver installs install. If that's no good, buy a cheap mouse (Under $10 for wired in U,S.).
assuming i need to buy a new one. any ideas as for how to make sure it wont happen again?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
9,303 Posts

·
30,433 Posts
HID Compliant would be a start. Anything requiring something beyond plug and play would be a non-starter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I truly have no clue even how to begin investigating the fricking thing. be that as it may, its gets disappointing. any thought what the hack is going on?i reallbby have no clue even how to begin investigating the fricking thing. in any case, its gets baffling. any thought what the hack is continuing?

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,852 Posts
You think it is a mouse issue? The first thing you want to try is a new wired mouse in a different USB port. It will probably solve the problem, if not there are other things we can try if that fails

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
9,303 Posts
First step would be to determine if the problem is hardware or software. I'd boot Linux from a USB and see if it works okay, If it doesn't work there either, must be the mouse. If it works fine, boot up into Windows Safe Mode and see if it works okay there. If so, there must be something running when Windows is in normal mode that is incompatible with your mouse (or software). Let us know what you find out ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am taking Private classes in 3D online.
for a while. everything went smooth.
but as off late we ran into issues:
when he tried to remote controll my PC from "Teamviewer"
he could not click on anything with the left mouse button.
we tried to use another software called "NoMachine"

and he could not connect.

important to note: the issue with Team viewer happend exclusivly when he was connecting MY PC.

according to him. he didn't have those problems with other students.

and i didnt had problems when i tried to check this with a friend.

i really have no idea even how to start troubleshooting the fricking thing. but its getting frustrating. any idea what the hack is going on?
Did he try a different mouse? Issue may be on his end since it was working.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts