Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago i was sitting at my computer, no problems, and then it just shut off and started making a clicking noise(not the hard drive) and the power light started flashing on and off. i had to unplug it to make it stop. there was a burning smell coming out of the power supply. i waited a long time before i plugged it back in but it would continue with the noise and the lights flashing. i bought a new psu and hooked it up. the power supply runs. the cpu fan runs. my graphics card fan runs. it wont start up. i put another hard drive in it. still the same. its a emachines t2245. can someone tell me whats wrong.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Are you sure you connected everything properly? It should at least start up unless your old power supply damaged your board when it decided to barbeque itself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm sure everything is connected right. i made sure all the plugs were all the way in and unplugged everything once and put it all back but it still wont start.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Unfortunately PSU's have a habbit of taking other parts out with them.

There is no telling what other parts were damaged unless you test each part individually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.