Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a thread around here similar to my problem but I cannot reply to that thread so I decided to make my own. Anyway, I inserted my CF card into the computer of my Grandma's office, when I opened my card; all my folders turned into .EXE files, I followed the instructions from the other thread but when I dloaded COMBOFIX my kaspersky detected it as a virus. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
29,790 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF.

As you should have read here in Step 2 of our NEW INSTRUCTIONS thread:

Why we don't ask you to run ComboFix from the onset

As stated by the author of ComboFix:

ComboFix is a very powerful tool which when improperly used may render your machine to a doorstop.

------------------------------------------------------

We first need to verify if there are any rootkits present and how they could affect our tools. DDS & GMER are preliminary scans. We use their logs to map our strategy for attack.

With these logs we can determine the infections present and decide whether to deploy ComboFix.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

------------------------------------------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.