Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really don't know what to do. I was resetting my pc, I have a amd fx 3200 6 core 16 mb memory with windows 10 that I wanted to clean. I had set it to just clean but not to erase the files. It Asked me if I wanted to get the files it needed from the cloud or internally and I answered the cloud as I didn't know if windows files was on my computer internally and also if it came from the cloud it might be a better version. I don't know, I'm a novice. It had deleted the system and was up to 76% back up when we had a power outage in the community. When the power was restored I had hoped the computer would resume where it had left off, but no such luck. I had originally bought the computer from I buy power computer people and it was a good computer. Am I screwed?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,608 Posts
First of all where are you? In other words, does your computer start or is it dead? Whatever was on the cloud is probably still there. Do you have another backup? You should always for extra safety.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all where are you? In other words, does your computer start or is it dead? Whatever was on the cloud is probably still there. Do you have another backup? You should always for extra safety.
Hi Corday, First, thanks for answering. No, my computer isn't dead it starts up to the first line of starting ipv6 and just stays there. After about 5 minutes or so it will reboot and I guess look for windows again. I never had a back up to begin with as windows was already installed on the computer when I bought it. I was trying to reset it from the settings page as I had done before and it had worked ok only this time I had lost electrical power in the middle of the process. Do I have to buy a windows disk to put windows back on my computer?

·
Global Moderator
51,344 Posts
Most pre-installed Windows computers have a recovery partition. If so, you can bring back a working Windows installation using the recovery options. Can you be more specific as to the exact make and model of the computer?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,608 Posts
Turn your router/modem off for a minute and restart it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay. Sorry guys I had to leave town for a moment but I'm back now. I'm going to apply the fixes you guys suggested and get more info and get back to you today. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turn your router/modem off for a minute and restart it.
Okay. Sorry guys I had to leave town for a moment but I'm back now. I'm going to apply the fixes you guys suggested and get more info and get back to you today. Thanks for the help!!
Most pre-installed Windows computers have a recovery partition. If so, you can bring back a working Windows installation using the recovery options. Can you be more specific as to the exact make and model of the computer?
Okay. Here's what I have according to the Bios screen it say's-- M5A97 R2.0 Bios Version: 2601 CPU Type: AMD FX (tm) -6300 six core processor Total Memory: 16368 MB (DDR3 1600 MHZ) Speed: 3900 MHZ. When I boot it up the screen says--Initializing Intel Boot Agent GE. v1.3.21 PXE 2.1 Build 086 (wfm 2.0)

Now I have the key to the windows 10 that I had. Is there anywhere perhaps I could get a blank copy of windows 10 and add the numbers? My files are in the cloud I just no longer have a system on my computer. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts