Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aol dials once then stops responding then when I press CTRL-ALT-DEL and close it. Then restart aol and dial again it works just fine no problems whatsoever after it connects and I would like someone to try to help me figure that out I would hardly call it anything much for a problem but it's strange that is all thanks for your time

·
Registered
150 Posts
Erm.... I've never used AOL and I never want to .... BUT...

... this sounds like a modem problem.

Please list your specs.

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
With out listing your specs the best I could tell you is to try to reinstall your modem driver and if that dont work go in to the device settings and see if there is any problems with the configuration

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
after trying the modem drivers....

remove AOhelL (for good if possible:D )

if not reinstall....

if not check the number you are dialing and track the time it happens (i know you getting through but there might be a pattern)

What Version of AOL...I think 6 and up if you right click the tray ICON you can dump the aol cashe and restet up some of the settings

Intrenal or external modem ?? Is is a $10 show special or a decent USR ??

Is the system locked or just AOhell

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good old AOHELL at work again. Some day, people will wake up to that piece of junk software. I know it took me a couple of years and a lot of frustration to realize there was a much better way. That was about 4 years ago and i have never been happier than when i got rid of it. Best move a person can make for their computer.

Good luck,

Laffctx

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
I am not a aol advocate or anything but you have to admit aol has gotten better then it used to be with versions 2 and 3.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wouldn't know and don't want to find out. Some people like it and if you stick with it long enough you become afraid to try anything else i guess.

But, you have to give it to AOL they are raking in the bucks,

Laffctx

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Better than version 2 or 3.... well I should hope so.... that's why it's an upgrade... if it didn't get better than they'd really be the laughing stock of the computer industry... they'd just change their version number everytime stock went down and we'd have New AOL version 23.5

All i can suggest other than reinstalling AOL and your drivers is make sure AOL is detecting the correct modem( look at your manual or box if you have it) and then if you've use another internet service before AOL on this install of whatever OS your running go to My computer and look for the one that isn't AOL and delete it.... I had a local service that totally whacked AOL beyond belief.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thats a change...something destroying aohell for a change....

and Raven no AOhell hasnt gotten better....youve gotten smater and can handel thier BS better:winkgrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.