Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I installed Windows XP Pro, my music files have been skipping at times. My mp3's from the HD would skip every 30 seconds if I move my mouse around or type while my cda's from the CD would skip more often than the mp3's. This never happened on 98/ME. I've played the files on different media players(WMP, Winamp 2x, 5x) so I know that can't be the problem. I have the latest DirectX 9.0b. I attached a image of my sound devices, which one would be my sound card or do I have to look another place? I looked for drivers for all of them, but no luck :( Is there an official site for them cause I can't find it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Hewlett Packard, Intel Pentium 3 533mhz processor. Not sure on sound card, I think it's a Rockwell Master Riptide Audio Device. I'm running 320mb of RAM and I also have no unnecassary programs running(msconfig, procceses)

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I had a couple pf P3 VIA chipset boards that has PCI bus latency issues, and the result would be audio skipping whenever there was bus activity. Have you checked for the latest motherboard drivers for your system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.