Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having this problem lately with Windows XP Pro, with my music files.

When I go to edit the info with the files (mp3) such as artist, etc, it tells me that the file is in use by another application, which it is not. I went to msconfig and changed it so no programs started up with the computer and I still have the same problem, I can't figure out what program is causing it.

The other thing is that when I go to My Computer to view the files, all the information is missing there, before in the Details view, I could arrange by Artist or year, etc, and all of that is gone.

What is causing these problems and how can I fix it. I have reinstalled Windows and it still happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
did you download your songs from kazaa or morpheus or another file sharing network?

if you are trying to make changes to a file while it is opened or played by something else, it can't change. you might have to change the things you want about the song in kazaa or morpheus. or, you could copy the song, paste it somewhere else (like your desktop), change what you want, delete the old song, and put the new one there. you might not be able to delete the other song since something else is using it, but you can always just leave both songs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Music

Some is downloaded (Earthstation) and some is off my CD's. I am sure all programs are closed, see the msconfig comment, I always edit the properties (artisist, etc) whenever I get a new song in the computer, and up till about 2 weeks age it was fine, and now I can't do anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.