Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been having some issues with my external hard drive (about 2 years old). First, seemingly randomly, I started getting the notification that "this device can perform faster if it is connected to a usb 2.0 port." The hard drive was connected to a 2.0 port so I updated all of the usb drivers and that message went away. All is fixed, right? Wrong. Now when I connect the hard drive it goes through its autoplay scan of all the folders, getting hung up a bit on my music folder. Eventually it finishes. Whenever I open up the hard drive and explore the folders, the folder structure is there, however none of the files are. In the properties it still shows as having ~30 gigs filled however all of the files have a filesize of 0 kb. Sometimes I will also receive a "delayed write failed" message. Any attempts to check the disk for errors through the properties window don't work.

This has happened before a few months ago but went away on its own about as suddenly as it appeared.

I think it's also important to note that occasionally I'll have issues when connecting my iPod to my usb ports as well, although that is very sparingly and is usually easily fixed by unplugging and reconnecting the cord.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.