Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a network that is served by a Linksys WRT54G router. I have no problem establishing a single RDP connection from a remote computer. Under the "Application & Gaming" tab, I have port 3389 forwarded to one local machine (192.168.2.1). Can I forward to multiple local machines to allow RDP access to more that one machine? Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay - it worked, now what

Your suggestion worked great for connecting. I can now connect using the web interface but cannot log on. I have profiles created with passwords and have tried all of them to no avail. Even though I can see the logon screen, no username/password works. Any suggestions?
Thanks again
John

·
Citizen of the world
51,137 Posts
Hmm... I have to say I don't use RDT that much, I normally use UltraVNC for my remote control work. That was the suggested fix from Microsoft.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UltraVNC question

I hope this question doesn't look like I don't want to do the research. I've read everything I can find on UltraVNC and still don't understand. I've downloaded and installed UltraVNC server on one computer and viewer on another. I have no problem connecting to that single computer but in order to do so I have to forward port 5900, the same as with RDP. Now, how do I access multiple computers behind the same router?
Thanks,
John

·
Citizen of the world
51,137 Posts
If you looked, you'll see that UltraVNC has a concept of logical screens. So, for the second copy, you set it's logical screen to 1 (default is 0), and then use port 5901 to access it. It's in the server admin properties, see the following example.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked and I found

I'm sorry to be such a bother. I hope this will close this thread. I found the "N" in the Admin settings. If I understand correctly, each machine I wish to connect to must have the UVNC server installed with the "N" set to sequential (or different) ports. Then the LInksys router must have port 5900, 5901, etc. forwarded to the specific computer ip address corresponding to the server?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's WORKING

Thank you Johnwill, it's working :pray:
I now have 15 happy clients who have access to their machines.

Although I have not completely mastered UltraVNC, it is (no doubt) the best product I have seen for remote desktop connections.

Thank you again for your contributions to this newsgroup and particularly to this thread. Without talented, unselfish people as yourself, the Internet would probably still be a mystery that only a very few could take advantage of.

I SALUTE YOU and all the selfless contributors.

John Ross

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.