Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,I'm new here! :)

I've got a few nagging problems that are really bugging me and it seems they started happening roughly after I installed all the windows updates that were recommended for my system.There were roughly 45 or so items which I downloaded from microsoft update including the SP1 upgrade pack for XP home edition.

When i highlight a file that i've saved in documents,the file info comes up but not the picture of the page(circled bottom left of attached pic).It does the same thing with all pages be it,htm,mhtml etc.It however is ok with images such as jpegs but just not with page files.Anyone have an idea what could be the problem please?

Another 2 problems i'm having which seems to have popped up more and more in the last couple days is that i'm getting an error message when trying to save certain pages.It says "the web page could not be saved".As an example the following page is one that i can't save.Could someone with IE6 try to save this page as a MHTML file and please let me know if you got an error message?

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/fe...gs2/p05_01.html

Finally the last problem is that a lot of gif images on multiple pages are showing up as red x boxes but when i right lick them and choose "show picture" they appear.

Sorry for the long post and many questions but i feel i'm going nuts here trying to work out what is wrong.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Before you go through all of the trauma of attempting removal of SP1, why don't you try to download it again, right over your current installation.

Installation seems very often to be the root of the problem. I have had this happen to me several times.

With IE6, SP1, I went right to the gamespot site.

Some of us W2K users had a heck of a time with the October patches, until they were revised on the 22nd and 29th. These included some problems with previewing, saving, retrieving pictures.

I'm not up on XP, but you might want to go to the MS Tech Net site and see if there are any revised patches for your OS.

Let us know how you are coming along!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The problem with the preview pic in the toolbar not coming up has been resolved.Someone on another board zipped up for me a couple of reg values which for some reason were missing after I installed SP1.I've attached them for anyone else who might have this problem. :)

jgvernonco,

I can get to the gamespot URL just fine and the page comes up perfectly but I can't save it as a mht file.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/btg_mgs2/p05_01.html

On another board someone said it could be the ads on the page.Are you able to save the gamespot page?I'll attach in the next post the error message I get when trying to save that page and others like it.Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.