·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several things wrong here :sad:
I had a weird freeze up yesterday and only option was to unplug. :facepalm:
Now I notice:
1. Cant double click icons on desktop but right click works
2. In Outlook Express mail has no previews and can only viewed by clicking attachment button
3. C/A/D no longer works so I have to unplug
4. When trying to use SAFE mode so I can try to roll back to an earlier time it just hangggggs ... so I have to unplug! wooo!
5. I work online and have to upload word files to my work site. I need to review work after doing so and click VIEW but now, it only wants to SAVE

This morning I tried a fix for the clicking issue and inadvertently D/L ilivid and searchnu came along. :facepalm: I uninstalled both but of course, searchnu remains. Now I am livid. ha. ha. pfft

I have never been at this point where I cant even save myself with SAFE mode. I work at home on here so I am a bit scared... I had issues before searchnu came along so I dont think this is the bad guy...

AND none of my virus scans catch anything.

So... I gotta know... how bad is it?

PS I had posted this on BSOD but think that was the wrong place. Sorry for reposting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have more issues. I cant unistall AVG 2013 - which may be part of the prob - as it says : windows installer cannot be accessed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will try that now. I tried a workaround for the windows installer going into the RPC and that dint work.. BB

STILL am not sure even if I do get AVG off I am okay...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I said above that SAFE MODE hangs. I know how to do it. When I click on safe mode it starts all those lines of text and then freezes and I have to unplug.

THIS is BAD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also do not know how to burn a disc. I never have. I dont even have any to burn on. I dont know if I have a just virus or what. In the past I would post a log. And then be told what was out of whack.

Do I need the $GeekSquad$ ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.