Tech Support banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm looking for specifically is one that lets you choose what iso you want to boot up, being able to put multiple ISO's on the drive, rather than booting to one of them, it would give you a choice of the one you want to run. For example, a menu that lets me choose whether I want to run (when I boot up with it)

1. Memtest- for my PC memory
2. Seatools- for my hard drive
3. Prime 95- for my processor

Can you think of any others, maybe an AV I can run when booting? I found ones but they apparently only let you boot windows and Linux ISOs, not any ISO's you want. Just it would be helpful rather than needing a separate drive/DVD disc for them all.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,369 Posts
But just to clear I don't want to Boot ISO's of OS's, which is what confused me when I googled these things, I want to be able to boot ISO's of tools that you'd normally need to put on separate flash drive/CD in order to boot separately.
Kyhis rescue disc will serve the purpose. It already has a lot of tools included, you'd be hard pressed to not find a tool in it for what you want to do. Try it and see for yourself.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kyhis rescue disc will serve the purpose. It already has a lot of tools included, you'd be hard pressed to not find a tool in it for what you want to do. Try it and see for yourself.
Ok, I will, but just in case I wanted to use some of my own tools that I'd prefer, like memtest/seagate/prime95 is there a way I can put them on the same flash drive and have a menu when I start up?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, is it possible to have things other than the things it will boot on the flash, say like a few videos, documents, etc. I need a way to mark each one as what it is. I figured a .txt file with the file title of what the drive is for (memtest, etc) name of it, would be sufficient,

But wondered if that would someone interfere with whatever that's on it that's bootable. When you tell the bios to boot for it, what does it and where does it look to start the boot process?

·
5,369 Posts
Ok, I will, but just in case I wanted to use some of my own tools that I'd prefer, like memtest/seagate/prime95 is there a way I can put them on the same flash drive and have a menu when I start up?
This is what we call "re-inventing the wheel". Of course you can, but you have to understand that it's not as easy as you think. A lot of work and time is put into creating the tools that we've recommended in previous replies, by people who have an incredible understanding of how such mini-OS systems work and what is needed by the included programs to work in those environments. If you still want to pursue this, visit https://www.easy2boot.com/ and see if it suits your needs. I have absolutely zero experience with that site or whatever they host there, so proceed at your own risk and discretion.

Also, is it possible to have things other than the things it will boot on the flash, say like a few videos, documents, etc. I need a way to mark each one as what it is. I figured a .txt file with the file title of what the drive is for (memtest, etc) name of it, would be sufficient,

But wondered if that would someone interfere with whatever that's on it that's bootable. When you tell the bios to boot for it, what does it and where does it look to start the boot process?
Sure, you can still use the bootable drive to store other files on it besides the bootable utilities that it contains.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what we call "re-inventing the wheel". Of course you can, but you have to understand that it's not as easy as you think. A lot of work and time is put into creating the tools that we've recommended in previous replies, by people who have an incredible understanding of how such mini-OS systems work and what is needed by the included programs to work in those environments. If you still want to pursue this, visit Easy2Boot and see if it suits your needs. I have absolutely zero experience with that site or whatever they host there, so proceed at your own risk and discretion.

Sure, you can still use the bootable drive to store other files on it besides the bootable utilities that it contains.
It looks this is for repairing a broken or dysfunctional Windows 10 installation. Not tools for checking the general health of your hardware- hard drive, ram, etc. I don't mean just for windows but any OS, if your hardware is functioning right, not just if it'll work on windows. I downloaded Ultimate Boot CD from Majorgeeks.com

·
5,369 Posts
No, I meant Kyhis rescue disc
It's more than just a Windows repair disc. It does much more. The only limitation is that which you impose on yourself, because you can build your own just like it, with the tools that you want it to contain. It is not an easy feat though, as it's been said already. Lot's of tools have already been included on the pre-built ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts