Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been running 98SE on one drive for a long time and just bought another 360 gig drive and loaded XP Home SP2 on it and all went well. I could boot into 98SE or the XP drive using Bios drive boot menu. So then I get ideas and load a second copy of XP for Games on partition 2 of the new drive and create a multiboot. Boot menu works fine for the two XPs on the new drive, but when I specify bios to boot the old drive into 98SE it goes to the XP multi-boot menu then shoots to the second xp of the new drive. There is no way to boot the old drive. This NTloader will not recognize win98. Recover console _Bootcfg will not recognize the 98 windows on the old drive. I pulled the plug on the XP drive and it still goes to the XP boot menu. So, ... Multiboot must have changed Bios or NVRAM. I tried clearing NVRAM in bios, it confirmed a NVRAM update while booting but it still went to the XP boot menu.
Im stuck at this point. :4-dontkno I'm not sure how to handle this; or if its even possible to disable multiboot at the Mainboard and re-enable it.
Appreciate any ideas.......

Mobo: MSI 845PE P4 533bus PCI-2 Intel chipset
Drives: IDE Seagate 320 and a 160 Pata
Primary: 2 XP partitions ; Slave: 98SE partition 1
AMI BIOS 3.9

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.