Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all i was reading an ad. for a single 12v power supply and it read

"and there's just the one +12V rail, so you don't have to balance your power needs by hand."

and i dont know what they mean by this.

secondly

im stuck between buying 2 power supplies. both 750w but one has 4 +12v rails and is 80+ bronze, and the other has one +12v rail and 60 amphere and is 15 dollars more expensive and has one more star than the other power supply.

i was told that the more rails, usually the better the power supply but idk how true this is.

these are some links if anyone is interested in looking at them:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Newegg.com - hec Zephyr MX-750 750W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified Active PFC HYBRID-SLI Power Supply

all feedback appreciated, thanks!

·
TSF Emeritus
25,552 Posts

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The quality of the PSU is important the number of rails is not.
I seriously doubt the 84% efficiency rating HEC gave their PSU.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
i was told that the more rails, usually the better the power supply but idk how true this is.
Not true at all. You may find single-, dual- and multi-rail power supplies of any quality.

FYI: Many multi-rail power supplies actually have a single 12 volt internal rail to which all are connected.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much everyone, there's so much. Competition its hard find a true quality psu. Especialy since I don't know much about them. So is it safe to say that I will be happy paying 120 for the corsair psu that gavinzach posted? (Assuming that 750w is enough, which it is)

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Thank you so much everyone, there's so much. Competition its hard find a true quality psu. Especialy since I don't know much about them. So is it safe to say that I will be happy paying 120 for the corsair psu that gavinzach posted? (Assuming that 750w is enough, which it is)

the manufacturer's have given their own evaluation of each unit!!

the Corsair has a 5 year no "limitation warranty" and the other unit has a two year "limited warranty"

when a power supply manuf states a rating but does not give the temp at which that rating was achieved; RUN dont walk away! The corsair rating is at 50C

hmmmmmmmm; that should be "talking" to you :wink:

*** we as buyers are our own worst enemy; we see $70.00 or $120.00 then we begin the process of trying to talk our selves into that beautiuful sticker price :4-thatsba

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.